Rescue operations require the total dedication of volunteers in order to exist. We do it out of love for the breed and a dedication to help eradicate the widespread over population of dogs. CBCR has volunteers who serve in all capacities from home visits, manning booths, answering emails, evaluating dogs, transporting, taking pictures of dogs, and fostering. Each job is important and necessary. If you are interested in volunteering with CBCR, please fill out the Volunteer Application!
Check out our list of vacant volunteer jobs! Each job can be performed from your home and each listing has a short description of what the position entails. To get started, click on the Volunteer Application button above.
Foster Parents (ALWAYS needed):
- Foster homes are the foundation of our rescue!
- Foster parents provide safe, loving temporary homes to allow dogs to transition from abandoned to adopted!
- CBCR covers vet expenses. The foster parents provide love, care, and security.
- Coordinates doggie events in areas convenient to CBCR volunteers.
- Coordinates volunteers to attend these functions which allow us to sell items, distribute brochures, and/or bring dogs.
- Keeps a calendar of events in order to make arrangements in advance. Post on Facebook and send to Webmaster and Newsletter Editor for timely publication.
Home Evaluation Coordinator (replacement needed for current HE Coordinator):
- Receives all adoption applications.
- Acknowledges all applications and explains adoption procedures.
- Arranges for an in-person home visit for potential adopters.